Leveraging data to optimize digital marketing and sales
Our client, a leading retailer and one of the most innovative players in its market, was using minimal data to inform its marketing decisions due to a lack of structure.
Without a comprehensive data strategy, organizations are unable to identify, recall, and use data to make robust, data-driven decisions in a timely manner. Data can be used to better understand customers and trends, streamline internal operations, and improve revenue generation by providing optimized services and products.
Our client, a leading retailer and one of the most innovative players in its market, was using minimal data to inform its marketing decisions due to a lack of structure. The client’s goal was to become a data-driven company across every department through a concrete vision and expert direction.
Developing a global data strategy
Our client’s end goal was to boost customer loyalty by delivering an enhanced customer experience through the power of data.
Understand online customer journeys and their perception of its brands and products
Anticipate new market trends to inform business strategy
Identify and proactively address potential brand or product issue
Benchmark competitor communication strategies
Consultants from Mantu brands Amaris Consulting and The Mantu Lab worked closely with our client to create a vision and roadmap for this transformation.
We helped our client to define its strategy and execute technical implementation
· The data specialists’ team helped recover legacy data while producing strategic recommendations on how to use future data
· Creating a ‘data cockpit’ while ensuring access for different teams across the client’s business
· We regularly assessed the client’s digital presence to produce consolidated performance reports
· We implemented the tools needed to accurately forecast as well as embedding customer and sales analytics.
Our client’s needs in intelligent forecasting, customer journey improvement, and market positioning were addressed:
1. Definition of objectives for data use
2. Placement of data governance to optimize data usage
3. Development of a data platform to connect all departments
Our consultants used a behavioral study to understand our client’s customers, identify pain points and modify our client’s e-commerce site accordingly, optimizing the customer funnel to ultimately grow sales.
Impacts of effective partnerships
“Our consultants created a customer data hub to boost retention and measure the impact of brand campaigns, eventually integrating a product recommendation system using the data collected and processed via the hub.”
Thanks to Amaris Consulting and The Mantu Lab‘s expertise, our client achieved success in several areas.
· Trend spotting: the detection of ‘weak signals’ in customer or market direction
· Detection of new customer segments and customer retention focus
· Improved customer service via better segment comprehension
· Increased customer loyalty thanks to an enhanced experience
· Sales boost through better customer understanding and targeting
· Teams trained to use the data analytics hub to study web activity and engagement
· Optimized customer funnel
· Understand, protect, and upgrade the brand’s reputation
· Use of social insights to strengthen product development
· Gaps identified between internal & customer brand perception
About our ‘Digital Marketing & Experience’ practice
We are moving away from a top-down corporate communication model and towards a new peer-to-peer, social, real-time conversation. Thanks to digital marketing, we can fine-tune campaigns to specific audiences, with an immediately measurable ROI.
The brands that made it happen
Amaris Consulting is an independent technology consulting firm providing guidance and solutions to businesses. Our experts engage across four business lines: IS & Digital, Telecom, Life Sciences, and Engineering.
The Mantu Lab
The Mantu Lab supports business leaders facing new and unprecedented challenges through the implementation of cutting-edge technologies. We help them to evolve faster and adapt fully to new social, economic, and digital behavior.